Following on from part one, here’s the next instalment of our Sydney market shopping highlights!
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, our Sydney market is the perfect place to find something special for Mum. For our full line-up of talented makers and designers, be sure to check out our Sydney AW16 Market Directory here, and download our app to plan your day.
Head to the Australian Technology Park on the 29-30th April and 1st May and support Australian independent art and design!
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas:
1. House of Bec gives vintage silver-plated cutlery a new lease on life.
2. Leafsmith & Kin are a Sydney-based sister duo, who design and make planters in collaboration with local ceramic artist Naomi Taplin of Studio Enti.
3. Finish your gift with a beautiful hot foil gift tag by Bespoke Letterpress.
4. All Birdy and Clementine ceramic pieces are created by Robyn Stewart in her Sunshine Coast hinterland studio.
5. Anvil Creek Co. creates soy wax candles with cotton wicks, using jars that can be reused and up-cycled!
6. Pamper Mum with the luxurious body products from Myrtle and Moss.
1. Wardrobe treasures and keepsake staples by APOM, manufactured ethically in Melbourne’s North.
2. HEW is about quality, modernity and the unlikely marriage of subtle hues with bold and playful pattern.
3. Minimnt Kids creates adorable 100% cotton, made in Australia clothing for kids.
4. Each piece of Raglan St Wears knitwear is lovingly designed and hand knitted by Caitlin Murray on her vintage knitting machine, using Australian and reclaimed yarns.
5. Established in 2004,High Tea With Mrs Woo is a small family business, designing and create beautiful womenswear and accessories with printed textiles and natural fabrics.
6. Lazybones takes a fresh approach to designing clothing and homewares for modern, relaxed living.
Jewellery and Accessories Highlights:
1. Vintage charms with a contemporary Bohemian style from Cavarra.
2. Atelier Nómada handcrafted jewellery featuring precious metals such as Sterling Silver and Gold.
3. Timeless and elegant fine jewellery from MAEKAR.
4. Convict handbags and accessories draw on the love of the raw beauty of Australia and our barefoot lifestyle.
5. Hazel and Herb features crafted pieces created using ethically sourced fauna and flora, collected around Australia.