Finders Keepers is dedicated to nurturing and growing the support for Indigenous makers in Australia.
In 2018, we launched a new Finders Keepers Indigenous Program.
This program sets out to encourage and support Indigenous makers and provide a platform with a dedicated audience to support their commercial endeavours. Recipients in this program will receive a sponsored stall position at the Finders Keepers market in their dedicated city, as well as marketing and media support.
Finders Keepers have offered thousands of artists and makers opportunities and platforms over the past ten years and now we’d like to shine a light on the incredible practices of Indigenous arts and crafts. This program has been designed to:
- Support Indigenous makers with equal opportunity, market reach and selling platforms;
- Honour makers and enhance our marketplace with more Indigenous crafts; and
- Mentor Indigenous makers with support in new ways.
As part of the Indigenous Program, Finders Keepers will provide support to a unique recipient at each Finders Keepers event that takes place in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne each season.
Recipients can be individual makers, and/or an Art Centre or organisation that promotes and sells the work of Indigenous artists and makers.
Program recipients will include:
- A sponsored stall position including a full subsidy to cover the cost of stall fees at the participating city;
- Additional marketing and media support announcement including the recipient details.
- The artist/art centres work is amplified and accessed by thousands of market visitors;
- A feature story on the Finders Keepers blog about the artist/art centre;
- Media inclusions with potential opportunities for PR and additional exposure and;
- Additional mentions across event materials and Finders Keepers website.
We're so excited about the new Indigenous Program and look forward to bringing you more Indigenous art, craft and design in the seasons to come.
*In 2020 our events did not operate due to COVID-19
Past 2019 Recipients:
Our recipient for Melbourne SS19 was Gammin Threads
Our recipient for Brisbane SS19 was Chaboo
Our recipient for Sydney SS19 was One of Twelve
Our recipient for Sydney AW19 was Sar.ra by Rachael Sarra
Our recipient for Brisbane AW19 was Life Apparel Co
Our recipient for Melbourne AW19 was Amber Days
Past 2018 Recipients:
Our recipient for Sydney AW18 was Injalak Arts.
Our recipient for Brisbane AW18 was Yunmi.
Our recipient for Melbourne AW18 was Kakadu Plum Co.
Our recipient for Melbourne SS18 was Marnin Studio
Our recipient for Brisbane SS18 was Anindilyakwa Arts
Our recipient for Sydney SS18 was North
How did our first year go? Read our 2018 wrap-up blog post here.
Our 2019 wrap-up blog post is here.
If you or someone you know may be eligible to apply to be a recipient of the 2021/2022 Indigenous Program, please visit this page to read our criteria and access our Expressions of Interest Form.