Wow, Melbourne, you’ve blown us away! We had a HUGE weekend with you at the Royal Exhibition Building, celebrating the work of over 250 creative small businesses. We loved welcoming new makers, embracing our regulars, and surrounding you with maker magic.
The full album of photos by our resident Photographer, Samee Lapham, is now LIVE. Check them out here! We invite you to tag your stall and your mates – Enjoy! Stallholders looking to license these images for commercial use, please contact Samee here.
As a small team of just 8, organising these big events wouldn’t be possible without the support of many individuals, so here’s our list of thankyous:
- Melbourne stallholders: You are all incredible and really brought the good vibes! We loved seeing you connect with shoppers and share your work passionately. Thank you for an inspiring and successful event!
- Venue: To the supportive team at The Royal Exhibition Building, we couldn’t do it without you. We love taking over this beautiful space year after year.
- Furniture: The fine folks at Dann Event Hire for providing the stand-out furniture that made our glorious decor pop!
- Indigenous Program: City of Melbourne & Aboriginal Melbourne for helping us to expand our Indigenous Program at our event during NAIDOC Week. We welcomed 12 incredible First Nations artists and makers to the designer lineup! Special mention to the team at Square for providing our Indigenous stallholder recipients with tap-and-go readers.
- Welcome to Country: Wurundjeri elder Uncle Tony Garvey, for a warming and wonderful Welcome To Country. You inspired all the stallholders and crew just before the doors opened, and we are very grateful to have had an Elder perform an official Welcome at our event.
- Media Partner: Peppermint Magazine, It was a joy to share your magazines and purpose with the creative community.
- Eats & Drinks: The fabulous foodies for filling our tummies with delicious treats and eats. The team at Allpress for keeping our cups full of caffeine and hot chocolate throughout the event.
- Neighbourhood Bars: Minimum Wines and Molly Rose Brewing at the Neighbourhood Bars for keeping the good vibes flowing with your locally made bevvies.
- Recycling: Our coffee recycling partner, Reground, diverted over 100 kg of ground coffee from landfills and into local gardens to create healthy soil and grow nutritious food. Hooray!
- Workshops: See Make Play for encouraging creative play with crafty workshops and The Windsor Workshop, and Dr Marion Piper for hosting a range of mindful journaling workshops.
- DJs: DJ Small Fry, Yeo, Jade Zoe and Jazz Feldy – The vibes were immaculate!
- Photographer: Our friend Samee Lapham for capturing all of the market memories.
- Support Crew: The awesome team of Sidekickers, cleaners, security and support staff who help make things run smoothly behind the scenes.
- Finders Keepers: Finally, to our small but mighty team, BIG HUGS and a huge THANK YOU. We couldn’t do it without every one of you.