What an incredible year 2016 has been for Finders Keepers!
We’ve continued to grow and continued to watch our community grow too. We’ve listened to your feedback and keep tweaking and adjusting our events to ensure that we are the best version of Finders Keepers we can be.
In 2016 we’ve continued to evolve our small team while hosting 7 major events across Australia!
As you can imagine, these events don’t just ‘happen’. They’re the result of a lot of hard work and passion from a small but very dedicated and incredible team that work across the country all year round.
Our huge thanks go to our amazing team…
- Alischa – For heading up the enormous job of our event management! Thank you for bringing all of the logistics for each city together and ensuring everything runs smoothly (especially while managing the logistics of a newborn)!
- Annalyse – For making our communications shine bright like a diamond all season round, not to mention diving head first into leadership mode at all of our events moonlighting as our crew manager.
- Monique – Our online rockstar. Your sharp eyes make sure we showcase our wonderful stallholders so well. You were one of our first staff members and continue to do an epic job of our online content.
- Rachel – Our amazing stallholder superstar! You manage so much, put out plenty of friendly fires and are an incredible support to all of our stallholders and suppliers.
- Renee – For making all of our online marketing and social media hum every single day of the year! Not to mention the small feat of getting us to over 120K followers on insta! YES!
As well as our extended 2016 family…
- Angela and Vanessa – Thanks so much for your contribution and being a part of our team earlier this year, your lasting impact is still felt daily and your presence at FK is dearly missed.
- Extra special thanks to our boys behind the scenes: Luke for managing all of FK’s website needs and Ezra for all of your awesome work at events.
- Thank you to all of the amazing team of casual event staff that have worked hard and fast with us at events in 2016: Aaron, Adrian, Amy, Anna, Bec, Candice, Emma, Ezra, Gabbi, Glenn, Grace, Jarrod, Jennifer, Jodi, Josh, Laura, Lindsay, Louise, Li Yan, Monique, Neisha, Olivia, Phoebe, Renee, Ruby and Wallace.
- To the amazing artists: Peaches + Keen and Julie White who worked with us on our seasonal campaign illustrations in AW16 and SS16 respectively. The branding across all of our events has been successful in every way.
- To our amazing event photographers that captured so many beautiful images and moments this year: Mark Lobo and Samee Lapham
- To our music co-ordinators: Georgia Mooney, Fabien Beillard and Alannah McFadzen thanks for helping our events to buzz with great music line-ups.
- To our wonderful event partners and supporters that we are so grateful for! Frankie magazine, Dann Event Hire, Capi, Moo, Beaconmaker and Whirlwind Print
Last but not least, THANK YOU to the wonderful makers, designers, artists, foodies and musicians that have devoted their time and amazing work to the markets!! You are the people that shine and the reason we do what we do!!
Thank you also to the people that come to shop and support small independent business, and attend our events each year.
The Finders Keepers are now officially on break from 23rd December until 9th January 2017. We have some really exciting new plans for 2017 and can’t wait for an even bigger and better 2017!
Sarah and Brooke
Event co-founders and Directors xx
P.s. Hi! It’s the Comms Team here. We thought we’d take this opportunity thank our amazing directors for creating Finders Keepers and for tirelessly supporting this wonderful community that we adore. Thanks legends! 🙂 x
But wait… there’s more!
Exciting news for 2017!
Drum roll….. 2017 marks a milestone year for Finders Keepers as we embark on our tenth year of operation! (We can’t believe it either). We’re so excited to share lots of surprises with our entire community for the big birthday year – we thought we’d kick start by letting you know about our NEW LOCATION!
The Finders Keepers Sydney Market will now be held at The Cutaway, Barangaroo Reserve – the city’s newest and most flexible cultural space. For those of you yet to visit, it is an incredible new site available for Sydneysiders and tourists to enjoy. It sits beneath Barangaroo Reserve and is set amongst Sydney’s native botanic garden and surrounded by the beauty of Sydney harbour. Notably it’s got great access for ferries, buses and trains as well as those on foot and bikes too!
Our team has worked tirelessly throughout the current season to ensure we could secure the best new venue for you. Australian Technology Park has sold privately and we are sadly unable to continue to use this venue. We’d like to thank ATP for memories and all they have done for us over the years and wish all of their staff well.
We’re looking forward to hosting a series beautiful and exciting events with you all next year. Stay tuned for more information to come in 2017!
Venue tick. Applications open. TICK.
To ensure our first event at Barangaroo (and first event for 2017) is a great success, we’re opening up our Sydney Applications NOW.
The markets are planned at The Cutaway, Barangaroo Reserve for 12th – 14th May, 2017. Opening Friday 12th from 5pm – 10pm and continuing Saturday 13th from 10am – 5pm as well as Mother’s Day Sunday 14th from 10am – 5pm.
Applications for stallholders who make and produce original and creative work, independent and innovative designs, or high quality products of a hand made nature are NOW OPEN.
As the number of applications grows each year, naturally, so does the competition. We anticipate an overwhelming response in our tenth anniversary year and will continue to ensure that the market remains full of fresh, exciting and ethical ideas. If you are a designer or artist interested in applying for the markets please head here!
Don’t miss out; applications close 20th January (please note holiday closing hours for any inquiries).