In 2019 we welcomed six incredible Indigenous artists and designers into the Finders Keepers family as recipients of our Indigenous Program Award.
We welcomed a unique recipient to each of our events in 2019 who showcased their stories via art, fashion, objects, and childrenswear. All of our Indigenous Program recipient businesses were a stand-out in each city. As well as welcoming the return of North and Sar.ra by Rachael twice this year!In the spirit of slowing down this silly season, we’re reflecting and revisiting each recipient in images. Be sure to click through each image for their full interview features!
We’re so excited to expand this program and share even more vital Indigenous Program recipients and their stories with you in 2020!
All images at the Finders Keepers by Samee Lapham.
Sar.ra by Rachael Sarra
Chaboo by Casey and Roy
Gammin Threads by Tahnee
One of Twelve
Amber Days by Corina
Life Apparel Co.
Indigenous Program 2020
To be considered for the Indigenous Program in 2020, or know of a business, brand or cause we need to showcase then please keep reading!
Recipients can be individual makers, and/or an Art Centre or organisation that promotes, represents and sells the work of Indigenous artists and makers.
We’re really excited about the Indigenous Program returning in 2020 for it’s third year and look forward to bringing you even more Indigenous art, craft, and design from around Australia. For full information about the program please visit our website here.
Program recipients will include:
- A sponsored stall position including a full subsidy to cover the cost of stall fees at the participating city;
- Stall design and development with Finders Keepers design and decor team; and
- Additional marketing and media support announcement including the recipient details.
- The artist/art centres work amplified and accessed by thousands of market visitors;
- A feature story on the Finders Keepers blog about the artist/art centre;
- Media inclusions with potential opportunities for PR and additional exposure and;
- Additional mentions across event materials and Finders Keepers website.
Apply here or read more about our Indigenous Program here.