That’s a wrap on our first Spring / Summer stop in marvelous Melbourne!
As promised, the first stop of the Finders Keepers Spring / Summer tour was a sizzler! Not so much weather-wise (we still love you Melbourne) but inside the Royal Exhibition Building there was nothing but sunshine and support. In case you missed the sign on your way out, you just supported a room full of Australian small businesses!
The full album of photos by our resident Photographer Samee Lapham is now LIVE. Check them out here! We invite you to tag your stall and your mates! Plus comment, share, like and most importantly ENJOY!
We have a large number of legends to thank for another HUGE effort! It takes a village – and ours is a pretty special one!
- First up, thank you stallholder community! You all work so hard, many of you touring the whole season (big ups to you!) and you all deserve a huge rest after the market madness! We had so much fun watching you shine and love to see this Australian maker industry of ours grow and grow! Side note: Did you see our AW20 applications opened TODAY!? Hop to it!
- Thank you again to our 2019 partner Xero! The debut aisles were buzzing with energy and the feedback on your support was stellar! We feel humbled and excited at our future together nurturing small creative business!
- High fives for frankie magazine and huzzah! to all those who found a frankie over the weekend! Thank you to Emma who came along on her day off to take-over our instagram stories with some amazing stallholder features.
- Thank you to the wonderful team at The Royal Exhibition Building, we couldn’t do it without you and we love taking over this beautiful space year on year.
- Cheers to Matt and the friendly crew from Dead East bar Co bringing our bar to life with cheeky smiles and killer service! FK Spritz’s were going down a treat Friday night and happy hour couldn’t have been happier!
- Goooooo Lunch Lady! Your creativity and stamina is to be applauded! That colouring-in wall was a masterpiece by day three and you and the lovely Beci Orpin should be mega proud of the space you created. There were smiles all round from the little kids and the big kids! Thrilled to have you on board.
- Thank you to Georgia for programming and coordinating the perfect mix of music and bands to entertain the crowds, young and old!
- Cassie from Firecracker Event for making cheese dreams come true all weekend – and that mushroom toastie!? Thank you.
- To newbies Bettercup – YES! We were ear to ear smiling at the support for your brilliant scheme and can’t wait to keep that Bettercup ball rolling season on season! Eliminating single-use waste with you guys is going to be fun.
- To Reground, an equally amazing company – turning coffee waste and soft and flexible plastics into a resource – you are incredible and we are so proud to have had our waste serve a purpose.
- Big thanks again to the folks at Dann Event Hire. The furniture was a stand-out and made our glorious decor dance!! You really did nail it!
- Thank you to our Melbourne SS19 Indigenous Program recipient Gammin Threads. Tahnee put a huge amount of effort and personality into her stall and the passion for this project showed. We were thrilled to see the support and can’t wait to see this side-hustle blossom.
- Congratulations and thank you to our Artist Program recipient, Mosey Me. Putting together a new collection while also creating detailed artwork for our Spring / Summer campaign is something to be proud of! We’re so thrilled to have you and your bed touring with us this season – see you in Brissy!
- We also owe a huge thanks to Byron beauty Oh Babushka, thank you for your once-again stunning and speedy design work in bringing our whole campaign together! You amaze us.
- Thank you to the always amazing market stall co! Once again we had many stallholders rave about how easy you make having a beautiful stall plus our info booth is looking better than ever thanks to you!
- Thank you to the lady behind the lens Samee Lapham! Fresh from a Euro trip and brighter than ever, you continue to capture moments that give us the warm fuzzies! Check out the album over on Facebook, and be sure to tag your label or friends!
- Last but never least, the entire Finders Keepers team – volunteers and full-time family. What a bunch of legends we are. Humble too.
One last shout-out to all the lovers who hashtagged their experience at Finders Keepers Melbourne #findlovekeep or #melbournefinderskeepers over the weekend! We loved seeing your photos in our feed and thought we would share a few below – see you in Summer Melbourne!