At the Finders Keepers, our aim is to provide visitors with a diverse range of creative work. Over the past ten years of operation we’ve garnered a strong reputation in the art and design community as a solid platform for emerging designers to gain exposure and develop brand presence in a competitive marketplace.
It’s a great way for you (our stallholders) to interact directly with new and existing audiences, gain face-to-face feedback and have a whole lot of fun while your work is being propelled to tens of thousands of people.
A large part of maintaining our superior standard at events is due to the care and commitment we take with our application process. It’s a serious business and a big job! If you’ve never applied for our market before, please don’t be scared! We LOVE to hear from new artists and designers. In fact we encourage you to apply and have a dedicated debut section just for you! We’re keen to support all of our stallholders, both new and experienced. We have provided extensive information regarding the application process as well as our selection criteria, and we are constantly updating and sharing new resources and benefits for our stallholder community.
Please have a read through the criteria and feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or need further advice.
Stallholder Selection Criteria
What we’re looking for:
- Creative and original work; independent designs, or products of a handmade nature.
- Innovative and original work; products and items that fit in with the overall vision of the Finders Keepers.
- Presentation and professionalism with finished product, including professional quality of images or collateral used for marketing your brand.
- Consistency between your work and brand as a cohesive story.
- Commitment to independent design, adopting and/or using traditional crafts, new technologies in art and design, and/or innovative methods of making.
- Lack of similarity to products already in the marketplace. Show us that your work avoids saturated trends! We’re always on the hunt for the new!
- Aesthetic and quality that matches the expectations of the shoppers, from the reputation that Finders has built over the past 10 years
- Appropriate, suitable and commercially viable items, including appropriate price points for the marketplace.
- Small businesses that are ready and at the scale to be able to sell at a market our size.
- If you’re submitting a collective application, the combined quality of the group has to meet our criteria. We will look at the application as a whole, and not consider the individual applications. (We will either approve or not approve the group/ shared application as a whole).
- Applications must include clear information about your products. This must include how they are made, where they are made, as well as clear, consistent imagery that complements your work.
- We also expect to see how your product is displayed, whether at an event or in a merchandised setting so we can determine suitability. This can also include branding and packaging of your product that tells the entire story.
- We may also view your website and social media channels to determine if you are the right fit in correspondence with the details and images in your application form.
- We prefer makers and designers to apply directly and usually do not accept representatives or sales agents for brands.
- As our commitment is to new, emerging designers, they receive preference over designers or artists who are already well-established*.
- One application per person/ collective only. You can not apply more than once under a different name.
- If you're a return stallholder, we need to see that your work has progressed since participating in any past events. Show us that you’re offering new products, or have developed variations on designs so that we keep the markets fresh, new and exciting for our returning customers.
- All applications are judged based on requiring a diversity in the markets.
- Similar applications will be assessed based on the criteria and the number of applicants in the same category. Over-saturated categories (like jewellery or candles) for this reason can be very competitive.
- All products must be ethically produced either locally or overseas. Please provide evidence of this in your application where possible.
- For beauty products we require you to arrange your own health compliance certificates appropriate to your chosen industry.
- Designers applying must be Australian residents only. You cannot sell on behalf of other designers based overseas.
* Established labels are usually defined as 10+ years of trading.