Thank you, Melbourne & Sydney – What a comeback!
Nothing could keep us apart, and after two years of no markets, we have to say a massive THANK YOU for joining us again, in real life, to celebrate the amazing Australian creative community. We’ve been busy market bees over the last couple of months, so to celebrate an amazing autumn-winter season, we’re sharing two incredible albums of market moments, plus a shout-out to all the superstars who helped make these events happen. We had an amazing time welcoming new makers, embracing our regulars, and surrounding you with maker magic.
Our Melbourne community never disappoints, and we thank everyone who came along to support small + celebrate your city. The full album of photos from the weekend is now LIVE. Check them out here! Dive in and tag your stall and your mates! Plus, comment, share, like and most importantly, ENJOY!
- To our incredible stallholders – you really brought the good vibes! We loved seeing you connect with shoppers and being passionate about your work. Thank you for an inspiring and successful event!
- To City of Melbourne & Aboriginal Melbourne for helping us to expand our Indigenous Program at our event during NAIDOC Week, with 17 incredible First Nations artists and designers joining us and sharing their wares with you.
- To Uncle Bill Nicholson, for a warming and wonderful Welcome To Country. You inspired all the stallholders and crew just before the doors opened, and we are very grateful to have had an Elder perform an official Welcome at our event.
- To our brilliant bar vendors Minimum Wines & Moon Dog Brewery… YUM! Thank you for sharing your beautiful products with us all.
- To our media partner Peppermint Magazine, it was a joy to share your magazines and purpose with the creative community. Thanks for creating an inspiring place for customers to connect and share the love with your flower wall and relax in the Read & Refresh lounge.
- Thank you to the team at the Royal Exhibition Building we couldn’t do it without you!
- To the wonderful people at Reground, our coffee recycling partners, together we were able to divert 240 kg of ground coffee from landfill and into local gardens to create healthy soil and grow nutritious food. Hooray!
- To Eleanor from Mini Mad Things, for popping up with the most fantastic kids’ activity. We loved seeing the cardboard cubbies transform into colourful creations throughout the weekend.
- To DJ Small Fry for mixing the perfect Friday soundtrack to kick off the weekend. The vibes were immaculate!
- To Ross and the team at Bloom Boy for an epic floral installation that brought so much colour and life to our lounge under the dome!
- Thank you to the wonderful photographer Samee Lapham for joining us to snap so many beautiful photographs. Check out the album over on Facebook, and be sure to tag your label or friends!
Sydney was a dream, and we loved being back to celebrate this shining city after a whole year away. Thank you for joining us again for three HUGE design, art and food days. The full album of photos from the weekend is now LIVE right here! We invite you to tag your stall, comment, share, like and ENJOY!
- To our amazing Sydney stallholders, thank you again for filling the space with creative energy and sharing your work. We are so inspired by your hustle and passion for what you do.
- To our Indigenous Program Recipient, Deadly Denim, for travelling all the way from WA to be part of this event. Seeing your designs in person and learning more about your work was so special. Thank you for your enthusiasm!
- Thank you to the team at The Cutaway Barangaroo – your support leading up to and throughout the event was nothing short of amazing! We adore this venue and feel honoured to share it with so many people.
- A huge thanks to Clay Sydney & Maker and Space Co for jumping on board and sharing the joy of making with hands-on workshops all weekend.
- To the team at Defy Design, for sharing the awesome work you are doing to reduce plastic waste. We loved learning about the process!
- Cheers and thanks to our bar vendors Yulli’s and Sip’er, for keeping the good vibes flowing with your amazing beers and her-led bevvies.
- To the awesome crew at Mecca Coffee for keeping our cups full of caffeine and hot chocolate throughout the event.
- Samee Lapham, once again, for snapping away and helping us keep all of the amazing moments that make The Finders Keepers so special.
- To all of the FK team, volunteers and our full-time family – what a tight and mighty group of talent you bring, through minimal sleep and multiple coffees (and perhaps a sneaky doughnut or two ;)) – you make it HAPPEN! Let’s do it all again next season!