Sydney! Our hearts are so festively full! What a weekend we had filling The Cutaway, Barangaroo Reserve with creativity and colour on the 8-10 December.
Our enormous thanks to the tens of thousands of you who walked through the gates, ate and shopped your way through the market supporting all of our independent creative businesses from across the country.
We have a list (and we’ve checked it twice) to thank everyone that helped make our final Market for 2017 the blockbuster it was!
- Firstly, we don’t have a market without our stallholders. A huge thanks for a huge market and even bigger year for us all! We deeply appreciate all of the talent, effort and hard yards it takes to prepare for a market of this scale. We hope that you’re all planning a summer of rest and relaxation.
- To all of our Supporters. Your faith in Finders Keepers enables us to grow to new heights each and every event. Above all, it helps us to continue to support our stallholders even further than we could imagine.
- Special thanks to our long term partners and fabulous friends at frankie magazine and Capi. Your ongoing support and dedication to our community continues to be recognised and appreciated. Thanks to MOO, Whirlwind and Signwave for helping us with our major printing requirements and to Beaconmaker for their continued support of our beautiful smartphone app!
- To the Barangaroo Delivery Authority, thank you for hosting our event and welcoming us in our new location in Sydney in 2017. Special shout out our new counterparts Sabia and Eric who work effortlessly to support us to make things bigger and better on the ground and behind the scenes.
- Big ups to Bangin’ Hangin for injecting love and colour into our new venue, thank you to Georgia Mooney for programming and coordinating the perfect mix of bands to entertain the crowds, young and old! As well as Matt and his crew from Dead East Bar Co, for keeping our visitors’ thirsts quenched with tasty teezers at the bars.
- Colossal credit and thanks to the talented Megan McKean from McKean Studio for her city-themed original illustrations that feature on our posters this entire season.
- Samee Lapham! Your attention to detail, hard work and oh-so-beautiful photographs are taking us back to that fun weekend! Check out the album over on Facebook, and be sure to tag your label or friends!
- A seriously special thank you to our exiting National Event Manager Alishca Hermann, who has been with us for many years. She has left a legacy and some big shoes to fill and we thank YOU from the bottom of our hearts.
- Alas, we also should shout out and welcome our new National Event Manager, Lindsay Pepper who many of you will already know! Isn’t she a superstar? Last but never least, the entire Finders Keepers team; permanent folk and casual crew, we quite simply couldn’t do it without each and every one of you.
What a way to celebrate our Spring Summer 2017 season!
We’ve got a big announcement coming in the next few days, so be sure to tune in one more time before we wrap for the year!