Nicole Steele, a designer and ceramicist, and her business partner Nikki Pocock, a florist and botanical stylist are busy preparing for their Sydney market stall under their brand new collaborative label Nikau. As Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and in fact the same weekend as our first market of the year, we couldn’t think of a better pair to share some local gift ideas, perfect for Mum.
Bringing the best of all things botanical and clay from makers around Australia – the perfect gift for Mum.
1. Sea Foam Wrap Bowl by Clay Canoe
2. Plant Lady Is The New Cat Lady Pin from Nikau
3. Glacier Planter by Leaf and Thread
4. Gold Monstera Earrings by Polli
5. Kelp Wash Oil Painting by Grain of Descent
6. Beehive Vessel by Public Holiday
7. Treasure Cup sand with Gold Handle by Bridget Bodenham Ceramics
8. Clear Candle Collection by We Are Posie
Nikau (nee-co) is a botanical and clay emporium located in beautiful Byron Bay.
A collaboration between Nicole Steele, designer and ceramicist, and Nikki Pocock, florist and botanical stylist, Nikau brings thoughtful, functional and sustainable design to the local community and around the world.
As well as designing and creating their own ceramics and textiles, Nikau stocks and supports other artists that follow the same ethos – original handmade product with a focus on slow buying.
Their Byron Bay store includes a flower bar, hard-to-find plants and cactus, ceramic works by renowned potters, and original artwork – plus workshops on the deck, including clay hand building, floral classes and plant education.